Monday, August 07, 2006

Settled in Oberkassel

It only took 2 days to find an apartment, then 2 weeks before I could move in. After 15 days in a very warm hotel room, I was happy to be out.

My apartment is in the Oberkassel neighborhood of Düsseldorf, which is just over the Rhein from the center of Düsseldorf (the title of this blog means "over the bridge").

There are many restaurants, cafes, shops, etc. within walking distance (even quicker by bike), and the center of Düsseldorf is reachable on foot, or by the tram.

Here are some apartment pictures:


View from the street (my kitchen window is to the left of the front door). The street is a little busy, but only from the kitchen.

Out back, it is a totally different world.



And here's the living room. Plenty of room for my bike. Unfortunately I've already had to ride on the trainer, since the weather lately has been more like Cleveland in spring.

No comments: